We continue to be very excited to safely welcome your child back for the 2020-2021 school year!
Please recall that Cohort B Students begin their first day of face-to-face instruction at Bishop Ryan tomorrow, Thursday, September 10, while Cohort A Students begin their first day of face-to-face instruction at Bishop Ryan on Friday, September 11. Cohort A Students should log in to myClass/LMS (the student portal) tomorrow as teachers will begin to post new information. myClass/LMS access information can be found in the attached Quick Reference Card.
In this communication, we highlight some final reminders about your child’s daily attendance at the school:
• COVID-19 SELF-ASSESSMENT CHECKLIST . . . must be completed by the student and a parent/guardian daily prior to arriving at school. Please see attached for a printable copy of the checklist. The checklist is also available in other languages at www.hwcdsb.ca.
• MASKS . . . are to be worn at all times while in the school.
• FULL UNIFORM . . . must be worn for the first day of school. Students with a Physical Education course should wear their Gym uniform to school as change room facilities will not be available.
• STUDENTS ENTERING THE BUILDING . . . will report directly and immediately to their Block 1 Classroom. Students may not loiter in the hallways or common areas of the building. A reminder that there will be no locker access. All items (i.e. coat, knapsack, lunch bag) should be brought to the classroom. Please limit the number of items brought to school.
• ASSIGNED ENTRANCE DOORS . . . have been designated to facilitate the efficient flow of students entering the building and must be strictly adhered to.
o All school bused students will enter the building using the Forum/Cafeteria doors off of the back parking lot.
o All students who take public transit will enter the building using the front entrance of the building near the Main Office.
o All students who walk or receive a ride to school will enter the building using the Dakota Avenue entrance.
o All students who drive and park in the Student Parking Lot will enter the building using the entrance near the portables.
o If your class is scheduled to be in a portable, report to the portable immediately upon arrival and do not enter the building.
• SAFE PHYSICAL DISTANCING . . . must be practiced at all times while in the school. In classrooms, students will sit one metre apart. When moving through hallways, classrooms and other areas of the building, students will maintain at least 2 metres of physical distancing.
• SNACKS AND WATER BOTTLES . . . may be brought by students to their classroom and are encouraged. All break times will be conducted in classrooms and provide ample opportunities for having a pre-packed snack. Please refrain from bringing nuts and nut-based products. Students are asked not to share their food and drink at this time.
• TIMETABLE CHANGES AND GUIDANCE APPOINTMENTS . . . can be booked online at BishopRyanStudentServices@HWCDSB.o ...
/bookings/" class="primary-link">https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar ... . Students should attend their scheduled class and must show their teacher their virtual appointment slip on a mobile device to be released for a scheduled appointment.
Thank you for your dedication to following these provisions and your contribution for maintaining the health and safety of our community.
Our tentative bell times are attached again for your reference.
We look forward to your child’s return to Bishop Ryan Catholic Secondary School “where faith, pride and effort promote excellence.”